End of Summer Tips to Care for Your Home
If you are like us at SERVPRO of Rochester, it's hard to realize that the end of Summer is here! Schools are starting, busses are on the roads again and soon it will be Fall.
The time between the seasons of Summer and Fall is a great time to make sure your home is ready for a new season and in a few months that word...SNOW.
Here a few tips we recommend to help keep your home in good condition for a new season.
Outside your home:
- Clean your gutters. Remove any debris to ensure rainfall can go through the gutter.
- Perform a visual inspection of the perimeter of your home. Look to make sure there is a positive grade going away from your home, not towards your foundation.
- Look at trees, branches and limbs close to your home. Are there any that could damage your home and windows if there were strong winds?
Inside your home:
- Check your furnace filter. Do you need to change it? Make sure to write the date you changed the filter.
- Check your smoke detectors. This is a good time to change the batteries.
- Do you have a carbon monoxide detector? It's a good time to change the batteries or get a new one.