Do You Have Enough Insurance Coverage for a Water Loss?
Unfortunately many times homeowners don't ask themselves or insurance agents, "Do I have enough insurance coverage for the entire process from water mitigation, drying process and reconstruction?"
SERVPRO of Rochester recommends that on an annual basis you inquire with your insurance agent if you have enough coverage for a water loss in your home. Insurance policies carry policy limits for sewage back-up and sump pump failures that often don't cover the entire process to restore your home to the way it was before the loss.
Many times when a customer has a water loss the damage affects the entire basement and materials such as walls, ceilings, doors and flooring. Most insurance policies have an average limit of $10,000 after the deductible for all mitigation and reconstruction. This is usually not enough to cover all the loss costs.
SERVPRO of Rochester urges you to be prepared for a water loss in your home. Talk to your insurance agent. The cost to increase your coverage is minimal, usually less than $100 in additional premium to your policy for a significant increase in coverage if you occur a water loss.
Flooding in SE MN
Did you know that according to the National Flood Insurance Program over 90% of all the United States natural disasters involve flooding? The Federal Emergency Management Agency or FEMA states on their website that one inch, YES ONLY ONE INCH, of water can cause $25,000 in damage to a person's home.
I don't know about you but that number takes my breath away in astonishment and amazement! The power of water should not be underestimated! Several websites state that six inches of moving water and has created flooding is enough to knock a person down. Some people may say that six inches is not a lot of water, but when you are faced with rapidly rising water and flooding, the situation becomes dangerous quickly.
Here are a few tips that SERVPRO of Rochester hopes can help you if you find yourself or a loved one in a flooding situation.
- Find safe shelter right away.
- Communicate with loved ones and friends where you are going.
- NEVER walk, swim or drive through this water.
- Stay away from bridges.
- If you are in your home, try to leave as soon as the flood water starts entering your home. Don't try to wait it out in hopes that the water goes down.
- Stay away from electricity and anything and everything electrical. Don't touch or use!
Stay safe from SERVPRO of Rochester!
HUGE Responsibility in Commercial Real Estate
At SERVPRO of Rochester we understand the massive responsibility and liability that owners and property managers have each and every day.
SERVPRO of Rochester wants to be your "go to" mitigation company. We are able to handle all sizes of losses. SERVPRO of Rochester has all the equipment needed, trained and certified technicians and are ready to serve 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Our technicians have vast experience in mitigation work whether it's fire, water, or trauma.
From the very beginning of your job, the first call that you make to SERVPRO of Rochester, we communicate throughout the entire job. There are many phases to each job. Our technicians scope out the job, take photos, moisture readings, and document. If needed, the technicians will demo. affected areas. We treat your belongings as they are our belongings. We pride ourselves on being honest, fair and hard-working. Each day a technician will come out to the job and take moisture readings, move or remove equipment depending on how the affected materials are drying out. At the end of the job, all the readings, equipment list and photos are compiled in a job file. This job file is shared with the customer and insurance adjuster.
Commercial Water Damages in Olmsted County, MN
SERVPRO of Rochester services all types of commercial buildings, apartments, condos, and warehouses.
No-one expects or even wants to deal with a water damage in a commercial building. There are so many moving pieces to coordinate between contractors, mitigation, tenants and reconstruction. However, it's better to be prepared and have a plan for if or when this happens.
1. Make sure that someone is regularly checking the area where water softeners are located, restrooms, and the lowest level of the structure. Have that person check for any water from a broken appliance, pipe or outside flooding.
2. Have a plan of contractors you will be using. Things to consider: plumber, SERVPRO of Rochester, contractor to do the reconstruction, any demolition would need a dumpster most likely.
3. If you have tenants, is there insurance coverage for both the tenant and owner is the case that their area is affected and not able to be occupied for a period of time.
When you call SERVPRO of Rochester we have the experience of helping commercial customers with a water damage. We work with the individual tenants, the owner/ manager, insurance adjuster and company.
It is officially bonfire season in Minnesota! The weather this week has been perfect 70s during the day and the evening in the 50s.
Whether you have a fire pit permanently in your backyard or a portable fire pit, SERVPRO of Rochester has a few tips this bonfire season.
1. Check with the local laws on bonfires.
2. Check the weather. You want to avoid having a bonfire when there are strong winds. When there are strong winds embers and sparks may travel away and set a neighbor's home or trees or any belongings on fire.
3. Make sure you have a hose connected to your house ready to go in case the fire spreads and is out of control.
4. Use wood that is dry.
5. Only burn wood. You shouldn't burn trash, aerosols, cans, or anything else.
6. Keep your bonfire size manageable. Recommendations are 4x4 maximum.
SERVPRO of Rochester hopes you have a fun bonfire season!
Water Mitigation is Necessary in Your Home
Your home is one of the largest purchases you will most likely ever make. You spend a lot of time making your home yours from decorating, wall hangings, furniture and entertainment areas. It's pertinent to you, your home, health and value of home to make sure when you have a water damage that you call professionals.
SERVPRO of Rochester serves Rochester, Byron, Kasson, Mantorville, Zumbrota, Pine Island, Oronoco, Stewartville, Eyota and other cities nearby.
There are many reasons why you should call SERVPRO of Rochester. Here are a few reasons why you need the professionals to mitigate your water issue.
1. Water can cause secondary damage in your home if left untreated or not properly mitigated. Secondary damage many times is not covered by insurance companies.
2. Water can't always be seen in affected areas of your home. You need professionals with their equipment to thoroughly scope your home to see where the water has gone and affected.
3. You want to make sure the mitigation is done properly. Sometimes people tell us that they are going to remove the carpet, pad and put fans and dehumidifiers on the area. It would be nice if it were that easy. There is a method and industry standards that SERVPRO of Rochester follows and adheres to.
Why SERVPRO of Rochester for a Bio-Hazard
Why should you choose SERVPRO of Rochester for a Bio-Hazard clean-up mitigation services?
SERVPRO of Rochester has trained professionals to help you no matter the situation. Our technicians have gone through training in person and online for the proper mitigation process.
Some people think that when you are dealing with a bio-hazard such as a death or virus that you can use soap and water. Soap and water cleans although doesn't take care of the contaminants, harmful bacteria, virus, germs, etc.
SERVPRO of Rochester uses a method and process to bio-hazard mitigation. If there is tissue, bone or other bodily fluids our technicians will care and handle with care and follow proper guidelines. This includes handling and disposal. We have proven professional cleaning products that will remove harmful bio-hazards. Smells and infectious wastes are removed.
These situations are sensitive and many times distraught for our customers. SERVPRO of Rochester understands this and will treat you and the situation with confidentiality.
SERVPRO of Rochester is here to serve and help you in your time of need.
Tornado Season in Rochester MN
SERVPRO of Rochester can help homeowners and renters after experiencing a storm event. Many times storms strike without warning.
Living in Minnesota, we usually don't experience tornadoes year round, however the season is from May through October. Being prepared is key!
The Minnesota Department of Public Safety has a few tips that we also suggest.
- Always stay away from windows.
- Make sure you have a plan and communicate with family on what you would do in the case of a tornado.
- Check supplies: battery operated radio, an extra cell phone charger, blanket or heavy quilt in case you need to pull it over your head for protection from flying debris.
- Go to the lowest level and interior area. This will give you more protection that an open area with windows or doors.
- If you are driving, do NOT park under a bridge. Go to the nearest gas station or area where you can seek safe shelter.
Preparation is important. Take the time to go over the list, practice and plan.
Commercial Services in Olmsted County, MN
SERVPRO of Rochester offers many commercial services for customers in Olmsted County.
- Water Mitigation Services: SERVPRO of Rochester has portable and truck mount extraction systems. We are able to service single and multi story complexes, buildings and single and multi units. Water mitigation services include: flooding, storm, pipe breaks, and water overflows.
- Fire Mitigation Services:SERVPRO of Rochester performs soot, smoke, fire damage to all sizes of fires. We are able to service one room, multi rooms to the entire home and structure.
- Document Restoration: SERVPRO of Rochester has successfully saved many boxes of documents after it has been soaked in water. SERVPRO corporate has a special process to restore documents.
- Cleaning: SERVPRO of Rochester offers after construction clean-up, disinfecting and sanitizing areas.
- Graffiti: SERVPRO of Rochester has successfully removed graffiti from many areas around Rochester that the public drives by and views each day around the city.
- Trauma Scene Clean-up: SERVPRO of Rochester has completed too many to count trauma scene clean-ups from homes, hotels and cars.
Storm Safety In SE MN
Storms can happen quickly and change your life in literally one second.
SERVPRO of Rochester wants to share a few tips with you if you find yourself out enjoying the lake, camping or in nature.
The Center for Disease Control, CDC, reports that on average every year 27 people die in a lightning strike incident.
- Keep your eye to the sky. Watch for weather changes particularly strong winds, darkening skies.
- Make sure you always have an exit plan. If you are on the lake, be prepared to pack up and leave if you hear thunder. If you are out hiking, know where the closest shelter is located.
- Make sure your cell phone is charged. You never know when you may need to call for help.
- Stay indoors for 30 minutes after you hear the last thunder sound.
- Stay away from water.
- Avoid using a landline that has a cord.
- Do not shower or use water during a storm.
- If indoors, do NOT lie down on the concrete floor as there are metal rods in concrete floors and lightning can travel through that material.
- Take storms seriously and never hesitate to protect yourself, family and friends.