We are getting calls for a lot of burst pipes. We at SERVPRO of Rochester can help you! All our employees are IICRC certified trained to industry standards.
Broken and burst pipes are the most common causes of property damage. According to the Insurance Institute for Business and Home Safety, water damages from broken pipes can easily cost thousands of dollars in damage. Exterior walls, and pipes in unheated spaces like unfinished basements, and garages are most at risk for damage or breaking.
If you do discover a broken or burst pipe, you should find out what the cause of it was. More than likely, you will need to call a plumber out to fix the pipe before calling SERVPRO of Rochester.
We are a 24/7 company that is ready to help out when you need it most.
Don't Let Your Christmas Tree Dry Out
At SERVPRO of Rochester, MN we want to remind you of a few safety tips as Christmas nears.
The likelihood of a household fire increases dramatically in December and early January. The National Fire Protection Association recommends that you follow these steps to decrease your chance of a fire.
*Check the Christmas lights before hanging. Make sure that the bulbs are not broken and cords are not frayed.
*Keep the Christmas tree at least 3 feet away from any heat source.
*Make sure to check the tree water each day and water.
*Before going to bed at night or leaving home, unplug the Christmas lights.
*Once the Christmas tree is dried or you have removed all the lights and ornaments, recycle at Waste to Energy lot. They will shred the tree to be used later as landscape mulch.
If you do have any water, smoke, fire needs during the Christmas season, SERVPRO of Rochester is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week! Call 507-286-9170!
Leaving for Christmas?
Are you leaving your home during the Christmas holiday? There are a few simple things you can do to take care of your home so that you lessen your chances of home damage while you are gone.
1. Unplug all your electronics. This will help lower your electricity bill and help prevent an electrical fire.
2. Turn off the main water supply line if you are going to be gone for more than a week. This may help prevent leaks or breaks in the line.
3. Remember to throw away any perishable items so they don't rot.
4. Stop your mail and paper service. Contact the USPS and they can hold your mail for you until you return.
We at SERPVRO of Rochester wish you a Merry Christmas and blessed 2019!
Thanksgiving Fire Safety Tips
Thanksgiving is less than 48 hours away. Soon kitchens will be bustling with food galore, drinks, laughter and gathering of family and friends. We, at SERVPRO of Rochester, want to give you a few tips to keep your kitchen safe this Thanksgiving.
Thanksgiving is the #1 day that fires start in kitchens.
There are a few simple steps you can do to avoid the likelihood of having a kitchen fire.
1. Clean the oven and stove top from any crumbs or debris. Remove any grease build-up.
2. Keep all pan & pot handles turned inward.
3. Stay in the kitchen while food is cooking, particularly on the stove top.
4. Make sure the batteries in smoke alarms are working.
5. If you have a fire in your oven keep the door closed.
Turkey deep fryers
1. If using a turkey deep fryer, use it outdoors.
2. Use the correct oil that the manufacture recommends.
3. Thaw the turkey completely.
4. Don't overfill the oil.
5. Keep children away.
From our family at SERVPRO of Rochester, we wish you and your family a blessed and safe Thanksgiving.
Are You Ready?
The snow and cold temperatures are here in Minnesota!! There are some important things you need to do to be prepared and protect your home. ARE YOU READY?
Here are a few to do items before winter is officially here in Minnesota.
*Disconnect any hoses connected to your home.
*Have a lawn sprinkler system? Make sure you have a professional company drain and blow out the water with compressed air.
*Clean the clothing laundry duct. The damper at the exterior of your home should freely open and close. This will help getting lint clogged in your laundry duct.
*Clean the gutters to make sure they are free from leaves or bird nests.
*Replace damaged or worn weatherstripping around doors and windows.
*Replace smoke alarm and CO alarm batteries.