Thanksgiving Day FIRES!
Did you know that Thanksgiving Day is the "peak day for home cooking fires"? This surpasses other holidays that we celebrate like Christmas, Easter Fourth of July and even the day before Thanksgiving preparations.
The National Fire Protection Association, NFPA, website states that on Thanksgiving Day THREE TIMES more home fires occur than any other day of the year. Unattended stoves are the leading cause of fire on Thanksgiving.
Even though fire and water mitigation is our business and we value the relationships we build with our customers throughout the process, SERVPRO of Rochester doesn't want you to have a fire. Here are a few tips for helping lessen your chances of having a kitchen or house fire during the holidays.
- Don't leave the stove or grill unattended
- Keep the stove area cleared from hot mitts and utensils
- Avoid wearing loose clothing when cooking
- Keep a fire extinguisher in the kitchen in case of fire
- Keep children and animals out of the cooking area
- If you light candles, make sure to extinguish them when people are not in the room.
We at SERVPRO of Rochester wish you each a blessed Thanksgiving and one that is celebrated with those you love and care for.