Home Fires In Rochester, MN
Home fires in Rochester, MN and surrounding communities have been increasing with the dry conditions.
It's our hope for you that you never have to deal with a fire in your home. SERVPRO of Rochester each year helps homeowners with the aftermath of having a part of their home damaged from smoke, soot or fire.
In an article from ready.gov/home-fires, it says that flames on the floor can reach 100 degrees and at eye level height the temperature of over 600 degrees. There are dangerous toxins in the air that you don't want to breathe or find yourself in this situation.
Some common household fire starters are:
- cooking: stay in the kitchen when cooking & keep a fire extinguisher nearby
- electrical appliances: Get rid of any appliance with a frayed cord or that is working improperly.
- portable space heaters: Make sure space heater is off & unpluged before leaving home
- fireplaces & woodstoves:Have your fireplace and woodstove inspected annually, clean frequently
- children: Keep matches out of reach from kids.
Always remember the rule for escaping the fire in your home: stop-drop-roll. The most important thing is to have all people inside able to get out and escape. A word of caution: be careful opening doors and touching doorknobs. The heat, smoke and fire can be incredibly intense. Be careful!
SERVPRO of Rochester suggests planning for a fire in hopes that you NEVER have to implement the plan.
- Make sure your homeowner's insurance policy is paid and kept current. It's helpful to annually check your policy. Are contents covered by insurance? Do you have valuables that need its own insurance?
- SERVPRO of Rochester suggests that you have digital or photos of your home, room by room, unique items photographed and inventoried. This will help in the event you find yourself dealing with a fire.
- Have an escape plan. Things to think about are: How would each person escape? Do you need a ladder to be kept in each bedroom in the event of a fire? Where will you meet once you are out of the home? Who will call 911?
SERVPRO of Rochester has many customers that have fires each year. We are experiences, certified, professional, compassionate and hope to earn your business.
SERVPRO of Rochester is open 365 days a year. 24 hours a day. Even holidays.