Fire Danger In Rochester MN
This winter and spring have been extremely dry in Southeast Minnesota. The summer outlook doesn't look good in terms of getting out of the drought we are currently experiencing.
SERVPRO of Rochester wants to give you a few tips about taking care of your home and property during the current drought season.
1. Water your flowers, shrubs, trees and lawn in the early morning or late evening. This will help the roots absorb the water more than if you water in the mid-day hours.
2. Make sure your gutters are free of leaves, twigs and other debris to avoid a spark from bonfire or firework catching fire and then starting the house on fire.
3. Prune any overgrown branches over trees around your home.
4. Make sure you have a fire extinguisher in your kitchen, near your outdoor grill and in the garage. Also, check the date on each fire extinguisher to make sure the dates are current.
5. Hook up a hose, which is at least 50 feet in length, to your homes outdoor water faucet.
6. Make sure that you and your family have an emergency plan in case of fire or other reason where all occupants would need to flee the home. Practice, practice, practice your plan! The more you practice, the more natural it will be for everyone to remember in time of distress.
SERVPRO of Rochester is here to help you in time of need. 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Holidays too. 507-286-9170.