IICRC Water Categories and Classes
When SERVPRO of Rochester's technicians arrive at a job after speaking with the customer, one of the next things we will do is to determine where the source of the damage is, what rooms and types of materials are affected.
Determining the correct category and class of water is vitally important on each job.
According to IICRC standards, there are 3 categories of water:
- Category 1: no contamination
- Category 2: significant contamination
- Category 3: grossly contamination
According to IICRC standards, there are 4 classes of water:
- Class 1: the least amount of water absorption & absorption load
- Class 2: this is significant amount of water absorption & absorption load
- Class 3: this is greatest amount of water absorption & absorption load
- Class 4: deeply held or bound water