We at SERVPRO of Rochester have a few tips as we move into the summer grilling and bonfire season.
1. Keep a hose or bucket of water nearby so that if an ember or spark gets outside the firepit that you are able to put it out.
2. NEVER leave a bonfire unattended.
3. Make sure everyone stays at least 3 feet away from the fire.
4. When you are done with the bonfire, make sure the entire fire is put out. Use water to spray the area down.
5. Make sure to walk around the yard before going inside for the night. Check for any sparks or embers.
Fun times can turn quickly into a catastrophe. We hope you have a fun and safe time having bonfires this summer. As always, we at SERVPRO of Rochester are here to help you in the event you have a fire or water damage.