Don't Let Your Christmas Tree Dry Out
At SERVPRO of Rochester, MN we want to remind you of a few safety tips as Christmas nears.
The likelihood of a household fire increases dramatically in December and early January. The National Fire Protection Association recommends that you follow these steps to decrease your chance of a fire.
*Check the Christmas lights before hanging. Make sure that the bulbs are not broken and cords are not frayed.
*Keep the Christmas tree at least 3 feet away from any heat source.
*Make sure to check the tree water each day and water.
*Before going to bed at night or leaving home, unplug the Christmas lights.
*Once the Christmas tree is dried or you have removed all the lights and ornaments, recycle at Waste to Energy lot. They will shred the tree to be used later as landscape mulch.
If you do have any water, smoke, fire needs during the Christmas season, SERVPRO of Rochester is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week! Call 507-286-9170!
Thanksgiving Fire Safety Tips
Thanksgiving is less than 48 hours away. Soon kitchens will be bustling with food galore, drinks, laughter and gathering of family and friends. We, at SERVPRO of Rochester, want to give you a few tips to keep your kitchen safe this Thanksgiving.
Thanksgiving is the #1 day that fires start in kitchens.
There are a few simple steps you can do to avoid the likelihood of having a kitchen fire.
1. Clean the oven and stove top from any crumbs or debris. Remove any grease build-up.
2. Keep all pan & pot handles turned inward.
3. Stay in the kitchen while food is cooking, particularly on the stove top.
4. Make sure the batteries in smoke alarms are working.
5. If you have a fire in your oven keep the door closed.
Turkey deep fryers
1. If using a turkey deep fryer, use it outdoors.
2. Use the correct oil that the manufacture recommends.
3. Thaw the turkey completely.
4. Don't overfill the oil.
5. Keep children away.
From our family at SERVPRO of Rochester, we wish you and your family a blessed and safe Thanksgiving.