Recent Commercial Posts
SERVPRO of Rochester Offers Commercial Mitigation Services
SERVPRO of Rochester offers commercial fire and water mitigation services for Rochester and the surrounding communities.
SERVPRO of Rochester has IICRC trained and certified technicians ready to serve you, 24 hours a day, even holidays and weekends.
Water mitigation services:
- Scope: Our technicians will come out and scope the job which includes: speak with the manager or owner, walk through the affected areas, take moisture readings on the various materials in the area. There are penetrating and non-penetrating moisture readings that will be taken. Some of the materials you can expect to be checked are ceiling, walls, flooring, doors, and trim. Technicians will also take pre-mitigation photos, record the moisture readings and develop a plan on how to mitigate the job.
- Explain the process: The lead technician will go over the documents that require the owner or manager's signature. All papers will be given to you at the end of the job. The technician will also tell you what areas are affected and what will need to be done for proper mitigation according to industry and IICRC standards.
- Begin the mitigation process:Technicians will begin moving any items that need to be moved to ensure safety of your belongings and safe work area. If demolition is needed of ceilings or walls, this process will begin. When all the affected materials have been removed, technicians will place professional drying equipment in the various areas that need to be dried.
- Daily monitoring: Each day technicians will arrange a time to come out and take moisture readings and move or remove equipment as the affected materials dry to industry standards.
- Insurance: SERVPRO of Rochester works with all insurance companies and submits all necessary documents to the insurance company. The documents go through an audit process before the bill is paid.
It's our pleasure at SERVPRO of Rochester to help you in your time of water or fire mitigation services.
HUGE Responsibility in Commercial Real Estate
At SERVPRO of Rochester we understand the massive responsibility and liability that owners and property managers have each and every day.
SERVPRO of Rochester wants to be your "go to" mitigation company. We are able to handle all sizes of losses. SERVPRO of Rochester has all the equipment needed, trained and certified technicians and are ready to serve 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Our technicians have vast experience in mitigation work whether it's fire, water, or trauma.
From the very beginning of your job, the first call that you make to SERVPRO of Rochester, we communicate throughout the entire job. There are many phases to each job. Our technicians scope out the job, take photos, moisture readings, and document. If needed, the technicians will demo. affected areas. We treat your belongings as they are our belongings. We pride ourselves on being honest, fair and hard-working. Each day a technician will come out to the job and take moisture readings, move or remove equipment depending on how the affected materials are drying out. At the end of the job, all the readings, equipment list and photos are compiled in a job file. This job file is shared with the customer and insurance adjuster.
Commercial Water Damages in Olmsted County, MN
SERVPRO of Rochester services all types of commercial buildings, apartments, condos, and warehouses.
No-one expects or even wants to deal with a water damage in a commercial building. There are so many moving pieces to coordinate between contractors, mitigation, tenants and reconstruction. However, it's better to be prepared and have a plan for if or when this happens.
1. Make sure that someone is regularly checking the area where water softeners are located, restrooms, and the lowest level of the structure. Have that person check for any water from a broken appliance, pipe or outside flooding.
2. Have a plan of contractors you will be using. Things to consider: plumber, SERVPRO of Rochester, contractor to do the reconstruction, any demolition would need a dumpster most likely.
3. If you have tenants, is there insurance coverage for both the tenant and owner is the case that their area is affected and not able to be occupied for a period of time.
When you call SERVPRO of Rochester we have the experience of helping commercial customers with a water damage. We work with the individual tenants, the owner/ manager, insurance adjuster and company.
Commercial Services in Olmsted County, MN
SERVPRO of Rochester offers many commercial services for customers in Olmsted County.
- Water Mitigation Services: SERVPRO of Rochester has portable and truck mount extraction systems. We are able to service single and multi story complexes, buildings and single and multi units. Water mitigation services include: flooding, storm, pipe breaks, and water overflows.
- Fire Mitigation Services:SERVPRO of Rochester performs soot, smoke, fire damage to all sizes of fires. We are able to service one room, multi rooms to the entire home and structure.
- Document Restoration: SERVPRO of Rochester has successfully saved many boxes of documents after it has been soaked in water. SERVPRO corporate has a special process to restore documents.
- Cleaning: SERVPRO of Rochester offers after construction clean-up, disinfecting and sanitizing areas.
- Graffiti: SERVPRO of Rochester has successfully removed graffiti from many areas around Rochester that the public drives by and views each day around the city.
- Trauma Scene Clean-up: SERVPRO of Rochester has completed too many to count trauma scene clean-ups from homes, hotels and cars.
Good Customer Service Commercial Job in Rochester MN
SERVPRO of Rochester is proud to have repeat business over and over with a Rochester, MN condominimum association which has over 380 condos on site.
Recently, the manager posted to SERVPRO of Rochester Facebook, " Marc and his team are very responsive, professional, and timely. They have helped with multiple water issues at my complex, and have been very thorough and responded very quickly when needed. Highly recommend!"
SERVPRO of Rochester is able to handle multi-unit, multi-floor, multi-owner water and fire damages to individual's homes.
We have the equipment: portable extractors, truck mounted extractors, many commercial dehumidifiers and commercial drying equipment.
There are trained IICRC water technicians on call every day, 24 hours a day, holidays, weekends, all the time.
Water damages happen extremely quickly and in the short time hundreds and thousands of gallons of water can destroy all types of materials and belongings. The longer a homeowner, renter, manager lets the water sit without mitigation the worse and more materials will have to be removed along with potentially causing more damage.
SERVPRO of Rochester hopes that you trust us in your time of need and that we can earn your repeated business like the condo association.
What to Do For A Commercial Water Damage
Are you a commercial property owner or manager? Have you ever been faced with a water or fire damage in the Rochester, MN area?
SERVPRO of Rochester has worked with property managers, owners and tenants. We have the experience to help you through this process.
There are a few tips to help you when you find yourself in a position of having a burst pipe, sewage back-up, overflowing appliance.
- Assess the area that is having the issue. Is there power that needs to be turned off? Are there electrical or safety concerns?
- Once you have the area safe, look and see what items can be salvaged. If possible, get those items and move to an area like a garage.
- Do NOT throw away any items even if you are going to throw the items away. Insurance companies require documentation: pictures of tags, brands, dimensions, and materials. You will need to document carefully.
- Call SERVPRO of Rochester. We will help you through each step in the process and have technicians get out to you within hours of your loss.
Tips to Help Winterize your Commercial Space
Just like residential homes and properties that need to be prepared for winter, your commercial buildings, apartments, or rooms do too!
SERVPRO of Rochester has a handful of tips that we hope you find helpful for your commercial building.
- Have your HVAC system inspected by a professional before starting up the heating system.
- Walk around the perimeter of the building to make sure the grade is pitched away from the building. Dirt may need to be added to get positive pitch away from the building. You don't want to get water in the basement of through the windows in spring.
- Winterized your irrigation system. Unhook all hoses from the outside water faucet.
- Put large mats that will catch salt, sand, snow and water from being tracked into the rest of the building.
- Keep the temperature constant.
- Change the batteries in smoke alarms and check CO detectors to ensure they are working properly.
- Have an exit map and plan for the residents. Post the plan. This can save precious time if event of a fire.
SERVPRO of Rochester is here to help you in your time of need. Locally owned franchise. Owner on site of all jobs.
Commercial Jobs in Southeastern Minnesota
What is the difference between commercial and residential buildings?
A commercial building is considered to be a place where business is conducted OR there is more than one place of residence.
A residential building is considered one, single dwelling.
Commercial buildings are considererd: churches, schools, hospitals, hotels, warehouses, stores, office buildings, airports, restaurants, senior living facilities and more!
As a commercial business owner, you understand the most important asset you have is the building! SERVPRO of Rochester recommends since the building is literally everything, that you take some precautionary steps to help lessen your chances of incurring a water or fire damage.
Here are some interesting statistics on the cause of fires in commercial buildings from Koorsen Fire & Security website.
- 57% of restaurant fires start in the kitchen.
- 30% of church fires start in the kitchen and offices come in right behind at 29%.
- 22% of store fires start because of electrial issues.
- 18% of warehouse fires are from faulty electrical.
So, how are these statistics helpful to commercial owners?
Here are a few tips that SERVPRO of Rochester hopes that you find helpful.
- Check to ensure your indoor sprinkler system undergoes an annual inspection.
- Check all smoke alarms to ensure they are working and this is also a good time to change the batteries.
- Have someone check to make sure all electrical appliances are turned off when leaving. Unplug them if you feel extra safe.
- Check your water heater. Water heaters can hold 40-120 gallons of water.
- Fix a leaky faucet. Statistics show that at a rate of one drip per each second in a month that can add up to 250 gallons. Catching this early will help save money on water bills and may help you avoid a water damage.
These five stephs can help you lessen your chances of a water or fire damage in your home.
We work with all insurance companies. SERVPRO of Rochester stands ready to help you 365 days a year, 24 hours a day.
SERVPRO of Rochester also serves Commercial Job in SE MN
Did you know that SERVPRO of Rochester not only serves homeowners, but also commercial jobs in Rochester and the surrounding communities such as Byron, Stewartville, Oronoco, Pine Island, Eyota, Plainview and many more?
Commercial businesses also suffer water and fire damages.
SERVPRO of Rochester has been called on to help mitigate schools that had dumpster fires, graffiti, to hotels and assisted living centers having a water pipe break. The burst pipe in areas that have multiple rooms and or floors can create thousands of dollars of damage very quickly.
There are things that commercial business owners, managers, and tenants can do to help lessen their chances of having to deal with a water damage or fire damage.
Here are some tips:
- Make sure anything that is plugged in doesn't have frayed cords and is plugged in to the wall completely.
- Have your sprinkler system inspected annually or as required to code.
- Check the smoke detectors at least once a year to make sure the batteries are functioning, check to see if replacement of batteries is needed.
- Check the water heater to make sure there aren't any leaks in the surrounding area.
Hopefully, these tips help you. We are here to help you or answer any questions in your time of need.
Commercials Businesses in Southeastern Minnesota
Commercial businesses experience water damages just like many of our homes.
The website ipropertymanagement said that in commercial businesses the water softner is the culprit 72% of the time as the source of loss. The site also shares that commercial owners and or managers should check to see the age of their water softener. If the water softener is older than 12 years old, your chances of having a water damage just increased even more.
Knowledge is power, right?
Here's some more tips to help you catch a water damage or water issue before it becomes catastrophic.
- Check your monthly utility bill, specifically the water usage. Compare this months amount of water used to previous months. If the number has increased dramatically without the business intentionally increasing the amount of water, you may be dealing with a water issue.
- Look around all the edges in the lowest floor in the building. Are there cracks? Do you have water coming in?
- Look up! Is the ceiling discolored? Bubbled? Cracked? If so, you may be dealing with a water issue.
- It's always good to inspect the walls, floors, and trim to check for moisture, bubbling, cracking, or discoloration.
SERVPRO of Rochester has worked with many commercial customers in Rochester, Stewartville and Pine Island on water damages.
What Commercial Service Does SERVPRO of Rochester offer?
First, SERVPRO of Rochester not services Rochester, but Byron, Kasson, Mantorville, Stewartville, Oronoco, Racine, Eyota, Hayfield, Elgin, Pine Island, Zumbrota, Grand Meadow, Spring Valley, and more!
SERVPRO of Rochester has a variety of commercial services available for customers.
- water and fire mitigation: SERVPRO of Rochester has worked in hotels, local stores, malls, warehouses, hair salons, senior living communities
- trauma clean-up: hotels, cars, apartments, senior living communities
- graffiti clean-up: stores, schools, apartments
- carpet cleaning: locally owned stores, apartments, homes, large banquet halls
A business owner can't plan for a water, fire, graffiti or even trauma event happening in their place of business. However, planning is key!
Planning is very important so that if and when you find yourself in a difficult situation you know who to call. Call SERVPRO of Rochester!
We have experience, training to industry standards, working knowledge and relationships with insurance companies & adjusters.
SERVPRO of Rochester.
SERVPROrochester.com or call 507-286-9170
Rochester Commercial Jobs
No job is the same to SERVPRO of Rochester. Commercial jobs are unique in everything from scoping to source of loss to access for our equipment and technicians.
Some of the commercials jobs SERVPRO of Rochester has worked on in Rochester and surrounding communities like Stewartville:
*small and large hotels: ranging from a few affected rooms to many floors affected and we performed water mitigation, fire mitigation and trauma clean-up
*apartment buildings: carpet cleaning, mold, water and trauma clean-up
*assisted living & nursing homes: general cleaning, water mitigation, trauma clean-up
*locally owned stores: carpet cleaning, water mitigation, fire mitigation, trauma clean-up
*high rise building: water mitigation and fire mitigation
Each person that you speak with or work with when you call SERVPRO of Rochester has been through IICRC training and are certified.
In addition to WRT, Water Damage Restoration Technician, Marc has his FSRT, Fire and Smoke Restoration Technician, and ASD, Applied Structural Drying . John, crew chief, has his WRT and ASD.
You can trust SERVPRO of Rochester to have the knowledge to know what needs to be done to properly restore your affected materials and actively communicate with you throughout the process.
Our technicians are available to help you any day, any time. Daytime, nighttime, weekends, holidays. We stand ready to serve you.
Rochester Commercial Jobs
No job is too small or too large for SERVPRO of Rochester. We have been on commercial jobs that needed graffiti removed to a flooded warehouse full of goods and supplies.
SERVPRO of Rochester has:
- prompt service from the first call to on-site arrival time to starting the job
- equipment necessary for any job
- IICRC certified employees ready and standing by to help you
- available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, no matter if it's a weekday, weekend or holiday
No matter if the job is a water or fire mitigation, to mold, graffiti, COVID-19 or general cleaning, we stand ready and prepared to help in time of need.
SERVPRO of Rochester looks forward to earning your business and trust.
Rochester Commercial Businesses Prepare for Winter...A few tips
Minnesota is known for being cold, cold, cold. This year, the Farmer's Almanac is predicting another harsh winter in Minnesota.
Even commercial businesses need to prepare their building for winter to decrease the chances of a water or fire loss.
SERVPRO of Rochester has a few tips for you:
- Invest in having your HVAC system inspected to ensure it is running efficiently and well.
- If there's an irrigation system, make sure that the system is winterized.
- Check the perimeter and roof to make sure everything is in good condition.
- Do you have fire extinguishers in each area? Do your employees know where the fire extinguisher is in case of a fire?
SERVPRO of Rochester is here to help and serve you in your time of need.
Rochester MN Commercial Cleaning Services
SERVPRO of Rochester is here to help you in both residential and commercial needs. We offer water, fire, mold mitigation, final commercial job cleanings, trauma clean up and graffiti removal.
SERVPRO of Rochester has helped various local businesses with smoke damage mitigation services, water damage ranging from a toilet that has overflowed to flooding in a warehouse, areas where there was an injury or death, graffiti removal on all sorts of buildings as well as performing post construction clean-up. Some of these areas include: apartment buildings, assisted living homes, warehouses, stores in the mall as well as stand alone stores, and many others. We may be different that we don't go and publish these businesses, but that is part of our business. We pride ourselves on giving great customer service, IICRC trained technicians, respecting the customer's privacy and serving those who entrust us to work with them.
There are technicians 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. 507-286-9170.
Rochester Commercial Graffati Removal
I am sure we all have been driving and see a huge boulder on the top of a hill or in a field that has been painted and painted over the years. Sometimes the message is in celebration of a graduation, professing love or just something to make people smile as they drive by like a smiley face. Those are fairly harmless.
SERVPRO of Rochester has performed many graffati removals on commercial buildings during all times of the year.
SERVPRO has an incredible line of cleaning products that their 2 full time chemists have created. There's an incredible graffati cleaner that we absolutely love. There is a process to graffati removal but well worth the time and money in preserving buildings.
We are here to help! 507-286-9170. 24 hours a day, 7 days a week even holidays. IICRC certified technicians are always ready.
SERVPRO of Rochester Commercial Fires Tips
The USFA, United States Fire Administration, conducted several studies. One study that was conducted over nine years gave them valuable insight into commercial fires. They found 3 main causes for commercial fires:
1. Electrical Equipment and Lighting: includes improperly wired, overloaded outlets, defective equipment, and lighting that overheats or sparks, which all cause fires.
What to do? Make sure all are up to date and up to code specifications. Don't overload outlets. Avoid power cords.
2. HVAC Equipment: includes heating and air conditioning systems that overloaded, faulty wiring or has electrical issues all have an increased likelihood for fire.
What to do? Make sure the heating and air conditioning equipment is maintained regularly. Check wiring too.
3. Cooking Equipment: in lunch room eating areas, restaurants, hospitals, and nursing homes. Fires are caused by food being cooked at high temperatures and gas and/or electric equipment.
What to do? Make sure that the cooking equipment is maintained and that there is a fire extinguisher in each eating area.
Commercial Water Damages
Water damages are devastating particulary when you have a commercial building because most likely you have multiple floors and rooms to deal with.
Commercial water damages need to be dealt with quickly for several reasons. You can actually save items from being unsalvageable because of your quick action. The sooner you can get SERVPRO of Rochester in to extract water, the sooner you stop mold growth and more water damage. Mold growth can start anywhere from 48-72 hours from a water damage.
We are able to serve you in many areas from moving contents, packing up contents, water extraction, placing commercial drying equipment to the daily monitoring that is necessary.
We work directly with insurance companies providing all the necessary paperwork, documents including the daily drying reports to the equipment used in each room.
Call SERVPRO of Rochester for your commercial needs.
Commercial Jobs in Rochester and Surrounding Towns
SERVPRO of Rochester is ready to help at any commercial jobs. We work with contractors, hotel managers and owners, property managers, property owners and business owners.
Water can cause extensive damage as well as fire.
Some types of typical water damages in commercial buildings are below.
1. Broken water softeners-Many times the water damage is found too late after the leak has spread.
2. Broken pipes-Broken pipes are common and are similar to residential broken pipes.
3. Sewer back-ups-Raw sewage back-ups can cause horrible damage to everything it touches along with the stench.
4. Sprinkler heads-Sprinklers go off and drench everything that is below the area.
5. Appliances that are left on too long or malfunction can start on fire.
No matter the loss, SERVPRO of Rochester is here to help you.
Commercial Jobs in Rochester
In the last 23 months since we purchased the Rochester franchise, we have had some awesome commercial jobs. These opportunities have been wonderful to be involved with in the different phases of their projects.
We have cleaned a handful of apartments with nicotine staining on all the surfaces. Apartments have been moved out of and left in desperate need of deep cleaning. There have been water damages that we have help mitigate. We have been in commercial buildings completing final construction cleanings in the various parts of the building. Sadly, we have been part of bio hazard clean ups too.
No matter your need, SERVPRO of Rochester is here to help. We have the IICRC CERTIFIED technicians, SERVPRO cleaning products that can clean just about anything.
Apartment Living in Rochester
Many of us have lived in an apartment some time in our life. On the flip side, being an apartment owner is a huge responsibility. There are so many things to consider: insurance, the liability of having people coming and going, keeping up with ordinances, taxes and on and on the list goes.
SERVPRO of Rochester has had a handful of commercial cleaning jobs lately. The latest one was one where a tenant moved out after living in an apartment for ten years. The tenant was a smoker. When we arrived the walls, ceiling, even light fixtures, refrigerator, and bathtub were a dark yellow, brownish color.
SERVPRO of Rochester had our work cut out for us! We used SERVPRO cleaning products and were able to get the affected materials and areas back to their color. The owners were pleased with our work. Don't hesitate to call SERVPRO of Rochester.
Difficult Times in Our Lives...SERVPRO of Rochester is here to help
It's always difficult to imagine losing someone that is close to our hearts, but it is a part of life. We at SERVPRO of Rochester understand and have had to deal with a sudden loss of a loved one. If you are faced with a loved one who has died whether it is self harm, accident or illness and need help with the clean up, we are here to help you.
SERVPRO of Rochester has Production Technicians that have been trained to deal with these types of situations and how to properly clean up the affected areas, materials and surfaces. The technicians will set up the area that was affected with a protective barrier keeping the work area away from the rest of the area. We follow all guidelines and rules for properly disposing of items. Most of all, we are respectful, compassionate and non-judgmental during this difficult time.